In what I assume is an Idol first, the Top 24 was revealed last night with each and every one of them gaining a little screen time. No name was left unsaid. No voice was left unheard. A brilliant move on Nigel Lythgoe's part. :D
Here's a run down of the other 19 that made it through last night...
1. Karen Rodriguez
- She's amazingly pleasant and adorable. How well she'll do is still up for debate.
2. Robbie Rosen
- His cover of Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
left me breathless.
3. Ta-tynisa Wilson
- I doubt that she'll do well. I was not impressed.
4. Tim Halperin
- I love his voice. He makes me smile
5. Julie Zorilla
- Love her sultry voice and her fluffy skirts. She's a favorite for sure.
6. Scotty McCreery
- That last song that he sang slayed me. It's weird how a low voice can apparently give you chills.
7. Jovanny Barreto
- Good voice. No appeal. Cannon fodder for sure.
8. Lauren Turner
- Had no idea who she was but the clips of her singing were amazing.
9. Rachel Zevita
- Great final audition. Nicely done. Not particularly fond of her but good voice.
10. Kendra Chantelle
- Nice voice. Love the slight grittiness to it.
11. Jordan Dorsey
- To be honest, I don't really feel anything from him.
12. Lauren Alaina
- Great voice but the over-pimping will forever be off putting.
13. Stefano Langone
- I don't think that there's room for both him and Jovanny in the competition. That being said, I like him better.
14. Jacob Lusk
- Great voice but Jimmy Iovene was right, he does over sing. And ust NO to Randy's comment about best performance ever.
15. Pia Toscano
- She's alright. No opinion really. Probably cannon fodder as well.
16. James Durbin
- He makes me miss Lambert...which is saying ALOT. I hate the over singing. HATE IT.
17. Casey Abrams
- Love love love this boy. Real consistent. And yes, his last song did make him SO sexy. <3
18. Thia Megia
- Not fully impressed with her just yet. I kind of like her but her last song was flat.
19. Brett Loewenstern
- Love him but he needs a great number to make it through.
On those that were cut:
Jessica Cunningham - I was going to feel bad for her but then she flipped off the cameras and so now she's just a bitter loser.
Jacee Badeaux - His voice is so immaculate but I agree that he needs to grow a little. The presser would've gotten to him.
Colton Dixon - Did not remember him but the clips of him were great. I wish that he had gotten in instead of Jovanny.
Anyway, I am particularly rooting for Paul, Naima, Ashton, Robbie, Julie, Scotty [because I LOVE low voices], and Casey - not in that specific order. The top 12 guys' performances were taped tonight so I'm all excited. Rickey.org has some spoilers
up and the song choices look promising. Yay. :D
We have a really great group this year, I believe. So happy about that.
In Nigel Lythgoe we trust.